( All About Sharks )
Choose a Category Below
TYPES OF SHARKS
SHARK CHAT FORUM
Cobblers Wobbegong Shark
Threat Level: low
The Cobblers Wobbegong is also known as
Cobblers carpet shark.
Picture Coming Soon ...
- COBBLERS WOBBEGONG SHARK
Scientific Name.... Sutorectus
Family Name...... Orectolobidae
- General Information: This species, unlike the
other wobbegongs, has large, rounded tubercles all over its head
and body throughout its life (the western wobbegong has dorsal
tubercles as a juvenile). Cobbler's wobbegong also has a low first
dorsal fin that originates before the mid base of the pelvic fins.
Little is known of its biology.
- Size: Their average size is about 3 feet long.
- Teeth: These species have two rows of enlarged
fanglike teeth in its upper jaw and three rows in its lower jaw.
- Color: Cobbler wobbegongs are a pale brown
with jagged-edged broad dark brown saddles and has numerous small
black spots scattered on the body and fins.
- Feeding Habits: They feed on large shrimps
- Social Behaviour: They are a solitary species
and is often found hiding in reef caves and crevices.
- Habitat | Migration | Distribution: Southern
and Western Australia. prefers rocky bottoms and reefs edges with
plentiful sponge and ascidian growth. It is most often encountered
in turbid conditions.
- Reproduction: They are ovoviviparous. Numbers
- Cobblers Wobbegong Shark Attacks: Harmless
- Population Report: Unknown.
copyright . AA Sharks is owned and operated by 'C26 Web